How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 557
On QuickBooks, you might face some technical issues while using it for financial and accounting work. But the good thing is that each of the issues is displayed with an error code. This helps in identifying the problem so that quick solutions can be applied to it. One such error code is QuickBooks Error 557
which happens when you submit your payroll. It can also occur if you are trying to update your payroll. Along with this, many users experience this type of error while downloading the updates for payroll. The problem doesn’t end here as you can face this error even after updating the payroll.
If there’s an issue related to payroll, QuickBooks shows an error message on the screen. This message says “Error 557”. With this, you’ll get to know that there’s something wrong with the payroll features. You’ll need to solve this error otherwise you will keep seeing this message on the pop-up page. Because of error codes, the entire functioning of this accounting software will slow down.
Before you start fixing this error, you need to understand a few crucial things.
· You can get this sort of error anytime so before fixing it you must check the status of your payroll subscription. If your QuickBooks payroll subscription is active, it is good. If not, you’ll need to activate it first.
· Technical errors on QuickBooks can cause a loss of data on the company file. So, you must create a backup of your company file. This is essential as it helps in saving data from being lost during the troubleshooting process.
· To avoid bugs, you need to get the latest updates for your QuickBooks.
· In addition to this, you need to update the payroll feature also for the Desktop version. This also helps in avoiding bugs while using this accounting software.
What triggers Error 557 in QuickBooks?
No only one reason cause this payroll error to occur. Various reasons are there which we will discuss here. QuickBooks desktop helps organizations pay their employees and maintain a record with ease. Any wrong configuration settings can lead to this issue. In addition to this, the incompatibility of Windows will also result in the deletion of files from the directory.
If you have input the wrong employer identification number, you might face this type of error. Along with this, QuickBooks Error 557 can pop up if there is damaged data in the company file of QuickBooks.
When your QB version and Windows are not compatible, the QuickBooks payroll error 557 can pop up. The installation-related trouble is also a main reason for the occurrence of payroll error, So, you need to check if there is any issue of partial installation or not. Whenever this kind of issue occurs, you’ll have to apply some quick solutions to overcome it.
How to troubleshoot Payroll Error 557 QuickBooks Desktop?
If you’re seeing Error 557 QuickBooks Desktop then this means there’s an issue with the payroll feature that you need to fix. Getting the latest QuickBooks version or activating the payroll subscription will help you fix this error. Apart from this, many other solutions can help you in solving payroll-related troubles.
Updating the QuickBooks
The very first solution that you can to solve payroll errors is by switching to the latest QuickBooks Version.
· First, you need to open QuickBooks desktop.
· After that, go to the Help menu
· Then, tap on Update QuickBooks desktop.
· In the next step, click on “Update now”.
· Here, you’ll have to click on Reset update and then again tap on the Get Updates tab. This will update your QuickBooks and solve the error 557.
Renewal of Payroll subscription
One common troubleshooting that will easily help you solve this error is the renewal of a QuickBooks subscription. If the QuickBooks subscription has expired, you need to re-activate it. Activating the subscription will also take care of the 557 error.
You can start the process of subscription activation by signing into the QuickBooks account. After this, you’ll have to navigate to the CAMPs page. In the next step, click on the section that says “Manage your QuickBooks Page.”
On this new page, you’ll get a lot of options from which you need to choose the product and services you want to use.
Post that, the user will have to go to the “Products and Services” page to search the tab of “Payroll Subscription”. You will now have to check the activation status of Payroll. If you’re seeing “Cancelled” then you need to re-activate the subscription. So, simply click on the presubscribe button.
From here, you will have to enter your crucial details, check the subscription terms, and make the bill payment. With all these steps, your payroll subscription will get activated and the Error 557 QuickBooks Desktop will be solved.
Validation of the service key
One general troubleshooting solution is validating the service key in QuickBooks.
· You’ll have to open QuickBooks and then go to the Employees menu.
· In the next step, the user will have to click on “My payroll” services and then select the Manage service key.
· After that, choose the Edit tab that is available at the bottom of the QuickBooks service keys Window
· From here, you need to keep a note of the service key.
· In this step, select the “Add” tab and enter your Service key.
· Finally, you’ll have to click on the Next tab and then choose “Finish”
· After that, you need to click on the OK tab that you can see on the Payroll update message.
· Lastly, check that the service status is showing active status and then click on the “next” tab.
Does an expired QuickBooks subscription result in error 557?
Yes, it is possible.
How to solve payroll error 557 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Updating QuickBooks, activating subscriptions, and validating the service key are some quick solutions.