QuickBooks File Doctor: Know The Download And Installation Procedure
In this era, you cannot find any software as useful as QuickBooks for accounting and bookkeeping. Notably, it attained its popularity not in a single day. Instead, its position reflects its years of efforts in introducing features and utilities. The QB introduced- QuickBooks File Doctor is famous among many things.
The tool-based utility framework can enrich your file-sharing experience. And you can enhance your understanding of this framework by proceeding with this guide. The guide will cover the following aspects of the tool:
- General definition
- Error-specific application
- Download and installation method
- Mechanisms for its operation
- Users’ queries
In short, it will be a composite package for enriching your knowledge about the QB File Doctor. Furthermore, you have the option to dial the helpline number 1.844.734.9204 to connect with QB ProAdvisors.
QuickBooks File Doctor: General Definition
QB File Doctor is simply a file-repairing tool that troubleshoots file-related errors in QuickBooks. Further, you can avail of this feature in two different ways:
- Integrated or built-in version.
- Stand-alone version.
The best part about these versions is their cost-free aspect. Accordingly, you can install this software without sparing any cost on the framework. Besides, you can use this tool-based setup to fix the following issues about the QB:
- Company file errors
- Network troubles
- 6XXX series errors and many more
Thus, the tool is a composite menu that you can look for to fix file cum network errors in QuickBooks. And in simple terms, it is the configuration of the network diagnostic tool with the file repairing tool. As the tool has many features, you can use this facility first before communicating with the QB helpline number.
Errors That You Can Troubleshoot Through The QB File Doctor
Nevertheless, the tool-based utility has many features, and its primary application finds its significance under the following heads:
QB Error –6150
QB Error code -6000 -82
QuickBooks Error -6000 -301
QuickBooks network glitches
Multi-user mode error
Data corruption error
Company file errors
6XXX series errors
QB H202 error
Error code -6000 -305
Damage in Windows registry
QuickBooks error 6147 and 6130
Bugs related to QB Database Server Manager
Missing or blank lists in QuickBooks
QuickBooks H505 error
How To Download And Install The QuickBooks File Doctor?
Now, it is time to delve into the process of downloading and installing the tool. Hence, you can go with the details described in the subsequent sections:
- First, go to QuickBooks official website and navigate to its download section.
- In the download section, search for the “QuickBooks File Doctor” link and hit it.
- Now, you may have to save the file in a particular folder.
Furthermore, wait for download processing.
- After downloading, click on the file’s tab and open it for installation.
- Followed by this, rely on the on-screen instructions.
- And here, a license wizard will appear on your screen that you need to agree.
- Further, go with the suggestions to install the framework.
- Later on, hit the “Finish” key and conclude the installation.
Well, this is an old mechanism for installing the “File Doctor” facility. Besides, the QuickBooks Tool Hub provides you with another option to access it.
Also Read: How to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub?
How To Access The File Doctor From The QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Another way of accessing the File Doctor involves the use of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. For this purpose, move in accordance with the following steps:
- First, move to Intuit’s official site and proceed with the download manual.
- After downloading the file’s extension, follow the installation instructions.
- Now, hit the agree option when asked to agree to the license agreement.
- Then, hit the “Finish”’ key to sum up the installation process.
- Followed by this, hit the tool’s icon to open it.
- At this point, the home screen will open on your screen.
- Here, you need to navigate to the “Company File Issues” tab.
- And lastly, you will receive an option to access the “QB File Doctor.”
How To Repair A Damaged File Using The QB File Doctor?
Repairing a damaged company file seems like child’s play using the QB File Doctor. So, here we discussed the steps you need to follow to fix the damaged company files.
- First, open the QB Tool Hub software.
- Afterward, navigate to the “Company File Issues” tab.
- In that section, select the “QuickBooks File Doctor” tool and wait for the processing.
- Followed by this, browse the file you wish to fix and then hit “Continue.”
- Lastly, submit your QB credentials and click on the “Next” key.
Procedure To Use QB File Doctor’s Stand-Alone Version
You can use the File Doctor’s stand-alone version by proceeding with these simple steps:
- First, install the tool’s latest version from Intuit’s official website.
- Afterward, move to the Windows Taskbar.
- Now, move to the “Browse” option to locate the damaged company file.
- Further, let the tool diagnose and fix file errors.
- At this point, you will have two options, viz., first for 6XXX series error and second one for network errors.
- Moving ahead, enter the account credentials, and hit the “Next” key.
- Here, select among the two options, viz., workstation and server.
- Next, hit the “Yes” option for the server mode else “No” for the workstation mode.
- Later on, the QBFD will detect and simultaneously repair the damaged company files.
- Lastly, shut the tool and start working on your company file.
QB File Doctor: A Light On Its Limitations
- It only works on file sizes below the 2GB mark.
- Everything relies on an active internet connection.
- Valid credentials are a must.
- It works well in dedicated versions only.
- Non-applicable in the presence of QBDSM.
Winding It Up
We hope that the details covered in the given guide enhanced your understanding of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. We consider it so, as the guide covered the basic definition, its download, and the user manual. So, the next time you encounter file-related errors in QB, go with the File Doctor tool.
Meanwhile, you also have the option to communicate your concern with QB ProAdvisors. And 1.844.734.9204 is the toll-free helpline for this purpose. Notably, we recommend you connect with experts if you face difficulties in using the tool. Further, you can rely on this structure for a large section of QB-related concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
QuickBooks File Doctor is an Intuit-sponsored tool. It can help you to diagnose and repair issues occurring with the QB company files. Further, you can also use this facility to troubleshoot network errors, file errors, and relevant issues.
You can access the File Doctor by following these steps:
- First, go to the File menu.
- Afterward, choose the “Utilities” tab.
- Then, hit the “Repair File and Network Problems” tab.
- Lastly, click on Browse and select the company file to diagnose.
You can open the QuickBooks File Doctor within QB to set it up for file sharing. Further, select the option to check the network connectivity. And then go with the on-screen instructions to set up file sharing.
You can run QuickBooks File Doctor in QuickBooks by proceeding with these simple steps:
- First, launch the program and navigate to the File menu.
- Afterward, choose Utilities.
- Then, hit the Repair File and Network Problems tab.
- After that, follow the prompts to run the File Doctor.
You can download the File Doctor tool for QuickBooks by visiting Intuit’s official website. Then, search for “File Doctor.” After that, download the tool by proceeding with the on-screen prompts.