How to Fix QuickBooks Error 30159 Complete Guide
What is QuickBooks Error 30159?
QuickBooks allows its users to use the payroll feature for accounting and finances. But there are times when you can’t use payroll. QuickBooks payroll error 30159 is the issue that happens when you use payroll. You may see this error because of the incorrect settings of the operating system or disk storage. One can overcome this error by updating the system manually or scanning the QuickBooks error. Along with this, the QuickBooks tool hub is also a better way that help in diagnosing the reason for this error. We have listed a few easy general troubleshooting methods that can help you resolve this error.
In case, you’re not able to use the payroll feature then contact our team of professionals. We’ll help you in solving the error by providing the right solutions over the phone call. You can also get in touch with our team via live chats.
To help you fix this problem, we have some resources in this article. But if you need expert help, you can contact us anytime. We have a team of QuickBooks experts who are available 24/7 to assist you. Just call our support line at +1-888-858-6199.
QuickBooks Error 30159
While using QuickBooks, users get to see a message error that says that they can’t use the payroll feature. This could be related to the subscription of the QuickBooks error. If you’re not able to identify your username then this means that you’re facing the error 30159. The expiry of a QuickBooks subscription can also cause this error to happen.
Use of QuickBooks Tool Hub to Diagnose The Error
Before you start implementing the general troubleshooting solutions, you need to check the payroll subscription. So, first users must check if their payroll subscription is active or not. Along with this, the QuickBooks tool hub is one of the effective tools to use so that users can diagnose the reason for this error. If you know the reason for error 30159 then you can try the specific solution. Also, if your subscription has ended then you can renew it by buying it again which can also fix the error.
General troubleshooting solutions for error 30159
- Using Disk Cleanup
The very simple solution that you can try when facing error 30159 is clearing the junk files. To remove the unnecessary files, you can use disk cleanup. Deleting all the temporary files from your system might help you with this:
- At first, tap on the windows icon and then click on the search bar. Here, type disk cleaner.
- The next step is to select the disk you want to clean.
- After that, you need to choose all the unnecessary files that you want to delete
- Now, delete the system files
- Proceed by clicking on the ok
- You will now get a list of all the unnecessary files that you can delete.
- Adding EIN to the File
If the disk cleanup doesn’t resolve the issue then you can try adding EIN to the file. So, here are a few instructions to carry out:
- You’ll have to first sign in to your QuickBooks account
- Go to the payroll tab
- After this, choose the existing payroll service options
- Next, a new page will open which will be of account maintenance window
- Here, select the option to add a file.
- Go to the option to add the EIN. So, check if the radio button for the EIN is disabled then that means that you are already using it.
- User needs to tap on the next option. Simply, review the information that you have mentioned.
- Proper scanning of QuickBooks Error
Users can also run the QuickBooks error scanning which will help identify the error 30159.
- So, the user needs to download the QuickBooks utility
- Next, you’ll have to install it on your system
- After this, start the scanning process by clicking on the scan option.
- When the scanning process is completed, you will have to choose the option to fix it.
- After completion of the process, you need to restart your computer.
- Try updating the system manually
The next solution to fix QuickBooks payroll error 30159 is to update your system manually. For this, users need to operate the system in admin mode.
- Now, simply click on the option to start option and then choose the all programs option.
- After this, you will have to select an option to restore. This will redirect you to a new window.
- In the next step, you’ll have to choose the option to restore the system from the latest point.
- In the next step, the user will have to confirm the same in the next window. After doing all these steps, reboot your system.
- Once done, download the file repair tool.
- After the installation of the tool, you can start the scanning process and then tap on the option to fix QuickBooks errors.
- Once done, users can now check if the error has been solved or not.
Restoring the system
If nothing works while solving the error code 30159 then you can start restoring the system.
- At first, the user will have to tap on the Windows icon from the screen.
- Now, type system restore in the search box
- In the next step, enter the password of your system
- Users will have to follow some steps that will be given on the screen
- After completion of the system restoration process, you need to restart your system.
Error code 30156 occurs because of a payroll subscription. These are a few crucial methods that you can opt for to solve the QuickBooks error 30159. In case you don’t get a solution from any of these methods then users can also communicate with our experts. The QuickBooks support team will assist you in providing more precise solutions to your issues. The technical team of QuickBooks is available 27×7 to assist you with any error code.